Sunday, 29 September 2013

Fish Dogs

Street food markets, pop up eateries, farmers markets, foodie events have taken London by storm this year and I have spent many an evening this Spring/Summer in the bustling crowds of Street Feast in Dalston queuing up to get my hands on the latest offerings of 'street food'.

My favourite Street Food vendor this year without a doubt is Mark Hix's Fish Dog. I had my first fish dog on a cold day back in April at Brockley Market after hearing my friend who worked at Hix rave abut how good they were and was pleased when I found out I could get my hands on one at the Saturday farmers market round the corner from my house!

What is a Fish Dog I hear you cry...well essentially it is a giant fish finger in a hot dog bun...but like the best fish finger you will ever eat in your life!! What could be better than that?!

The type of fish varies from day to day so you don't get bored and it's always deliciously fresh!! The fish dog comes with mint mushy peas which are to die for and homemade tartar sauce! What more could you ask for?!

Look at this beauty(photo courtesy of Fish Dogs - I always am to eager to eat mine and forgot to take a picture!)


Fish dog can generally be found every Saturday at Brockley Market and currently on Wednesdays, Thursday & Friday lunch time at Red Market in Shoreditch! (handily enough for me right by my work!) But if you follow them or Mark Hix on twitter they will let you know any other venues they might be popping up at!

@fish_dogs

@HixRestaurants


Fish Dogs get a 10/10 from me so what are you waiting for? Get yourself to the nearest market to find them ASAP!!

Love K x


No comments:

Post a Comment