Monday, 30 September 2013

NYC we are coming...

So we finally got the good news we'd been hoping for last week which has meant that we have at last been able to green light our trip to New York city!!

We're heading over the pond in less than a month and staying for a week so are now spending all our spare time planning out what we're going to do when we get there to make the most of our holiday!

We actually visited New York last summer so already have a fairly good knowledge of the city and as well as having some friends who live out there to show us round we are feeling very excited about our trip and are excited to be visiting the city in the fall.

I thought I'd list down a few things we're hoping to do when we get there:

Ice Skating:

I am so happy that the ice rinks in NYC will be open when we go! (Although I'm still working on convincing James to skating come with me!)

I can't decide between Rockefella Skating or the Wollman Rink Central Park. Anyone been skating in NYC before? What would you recommend?





Basket Ball:

Basket Ball season also starts in October and I'm really hoping to go and see a game at Madison Square Garden. Tickets are mighty expensive but James really wants to go and as it's his 30th birthday in November I said if we can get our hands on any basket ball tickets I will treat him to a game.


Burgers:

No trip to New York can pass by without going to eat some amazing burgers. Last year we paid a visit to Shake Shack and Burger & Barrel which were both lived up to the hype.

This year we're thinking maybe Five guys (although we do have one in London now, we've yet to visit due to super loooonngggg queues!) Anyone got any other recommendations?


Cronuts:

Last weekend I had my first cronut in London and definitely want to hunt these down in New York and have a real NY Cronut! I've read that the Dominique Ansell bakery is the place to go and home of the original 'cronut' recipe although people queue up from 4am...I'm hoping this is just a fake crazy rumour...anyone know?


Halloween:

We're going to be in the states for Halloween this year which I am so so so excited about! It really is a big thing over there and I'm looking forward to going to the Halloween parade.

We've also been invited to a party of a friend of ours and have been instructed to really make an good effort with our costumes!! We're still deciding on costume ideas at the moment and I'm trawling pinterest for costume ideas!! If anyone has any ideas then please throw them my way!!


If anyone has any top tips for a visit to the city at this time of year then please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Love K x








No comments:

Post a Comment